BTV Winter Plant Swap
Sunday, October 6, 2019
10:00am – 1:00pm
Flynn Ave Co-op Community Room
288 Flynn Ave, Burlington VT
facebook event page
The ONE Good Deed Fund and the BTV Plant Swap and Share group invite you to join your fellow plant lovers for a swap! Bring any extra indoor houseplants, seeds, seedlings, and gardening supplies you’d like to trade or give away and take home new plants for your home and garden.
Location: The Flynn Ave Co-op is on your right if you are entering Flynn Ave from Pine St. There is a large sign and a little free library right by the driveway entrance. The community room is at the back of the building. If you’re standing in the parking lot, the community room is to your left and the entrance is at the end of the ramp that faces the courtyard. There will be plant swap signage on the door. You can park in section of the parking lot designated as Guest Parking (there are signs), but if it looks full, please park on the street. The entrance is wheelchair accessible, the floor is smooth, and the tables will be set apart far enough that wheelchairs, mobility aids, and strollers will be able to move between them. There is a single stall gender neutral bathroom next to the room.
– Please do not bring any invasive plants or seeds that are meant to be planted outdoors. If you aren’t sure if your plants are invasive, you can look them up here: https://www.vtinvasives.org/
– Label your plants to the best of your knowledge, including as much of the following as you can: common name, botanical name, flower color, light requirements, and anything else you’d like someone to know about their care. If you don’t know the name of your plant, feel free to bring it anyway along and we’ll try to help ID it.
– We expect to have some plants that will not have takers, so you are welcome to come if you don’t have anything to swap and bring home up to 3 plants, but we ask that you come after noon so that people who have brought plants will have a chance to swap before hand.
– We will have a few extra pots and boxes, but it’s a good idea to bring your own pots, boxes, and bags to transport your new plants home.
– If you would are not able to attend the swap but have plants you’d like to share, we will be accepting plants beginning Wednesday, Feb. 26th through Saturday, Feb. 29th. Email board president Laura Hale to make arrangements.