O.N.E Fall Plant Swap
Sunday, October 6, 2019
10:00am – 1:00pm
Sustainability Academy Parking Lot
108 N Champlain St, Burlington VT
facebook event page
The ONE Good Deed Fund invites you to come join your fellow plant lovers for a plant swap! Bring any extra garden perennials and annuals, seeds you’ve either bought or saved from your own garden, and any indoor houseplants you’d like to trade or give away, to the Sustainability Academy parking lot and take home new plants for your home and garden.
– Please do not bring any invasive plants. If you aren’t sure if your plants are invasive, you can look them up here: https://www.vtinvasives.org/
– Label your plants to the best of your knowledge, including common name, botanical name, flower color, light requirements, and anything else you’d like someone to know about their care. If you don’t know the name of your plant, feel free to bring it anyway along with a photo or description of what it looks like in flower if it’s not in flower at the moment, and we’ll try to help ID it.
– We expect to have some plants that will not have takers, so you are welcome to come if you don’t have anything to swap and bring home up to 3 plants.
– We will have a few extra pots and boxes, but it’s a good idea to bring your own pots, boxes, and bags to transport your new plants home.
– If you would are not able to attend the swap but have plants you’d like to share, we will be accepting plants on Friday, October 4th and Saturday, October 5th. Send us a message to make arrangements.
The Sustainability Academy’s parking lot is accessible directly from the street with no stairs or barriers to enter. Part of the parking lot will be available for parking cars, and street parking is available as well. There is a bus stop next to the parking lot that is part of the Green Mountain Transit City Loop, though there is a very limited bus schedule on Sundays. In case of rain, there will be small tent for check in and information, but plants will be outside. Please note that the school will not be open so there are no restrooms on site.