In addition to giving grants to cover the cost of doing good deeds, we also engage in larger community building projects.
- Winter Card Exchange: Send a card to someone new! If you live in the Old North End, we welcome you to sign up with your name, email address, and mailing address and we’ll pair you with another Old North End resident. Then, between November and the end of February, send them a card of your choosing and say hello, and they’ll send one to you, and you’ll have a new connection in your neighborhood. If materials are a barrier for you, we can provide cards and stamps. Sign up now!
- ONEderful Awards: We love to celebrate the good work that is going on in the Old North End! If you know someone who has made the neighborhood a better place, we welcome you to nominate them for a ONEderful award. This is non-competitive, and everyone who meets the criteria for the award will be recognized at our next ONE Spring Fling event in the spring of 2017 and receive a free ticket to attend. The award criteria are:
- The recipient must live in the Old North End of Burlington, VT (defined as the area between Pearl Street as the southern border, North Willard Street as the eastern border, Manhattan Drive as the northern border, and North Avenue as the western border),
- The recipient’s actions make the Old North End a better place to live and work, and
- The recipient does this work as a volunteer.